As the Headteacher my vision, with the governors, is a focus on excellence that exploits the benefits of a large school embedded in its local community and enjoying strong links to the wider community. We aim to make points of transition into and out of our school as seamless as possible, and work very closely with local infant and secondary schools so children are well prepared for their next steps. I invite you to see for yourself what our school is like and to discuss our ambitions, and invite you to visit our school to see us in action.Mrs J Hart, Headteacher
Statement of Aims
Overdale Junior School works with children to:
- develop enquiring minds;
- teach them to reach high standards in all areas of the curriculum, according to their ability;
- be highly motivated learners;
- develop high self-esteem and self-respect;
- encourage them to extend and challenge their own self-belief;
- develop imaginative, creative and logical thinking;
- enable them to live in harmony in a diverse world;
- develop a healthy mind and body; and
- value the environment.
Please refer to the document below to see fuller details.
We encourage the children to work to the list of 'Overdale Values' also detailed below.